We all have a dream that we carry around with us like a little burning ember that we nurture just enough to keep it from burning out but not enough to let it blaze.
We whisper to it, “Someday. But not now.”
And we secret it away for some indeterminable time in the future.
It may be writing a book or starting our own business. Taking that trip we’ve always dreamed of or creating a piece of theater or art. Or it could be learning a new language or skill.
We hold that precious thing inside us and we tell it to wait. To be patient. That we’ll get to it when the kids are older or when we have more money or when we retire.
But here’s the thing. There is no perfect time in the future where the stars suddenly align and the heavens open and you can declare in a resounding voice, “NOW I WILL DO THE THING!”
So why not now?
What if you stopped waiting?
What if you took a chance?
What if you stopped giving weight to the reasons not to do it and instead started celebrating the reasons why you should?
What if you had someone to help you?
This is where I come in. Consider me a fire starter of sorts. (Less like a young and creepy Drew Barrymore and more like a very helpful and supportive cheerleader to keep you motivated and on task.)
I try to approach life with open-hearted curiosity, but I am far from perfect and sometimes I get in my own way. Despite that, I have tackled a great many projects in the last ten years.
- Co-written and performed in a play
- Choreographed and produced a modern mythic dance performance
- Self published a book of poetry and photography
- Started two fair trade businesses – one for adults and one for kids
- Set off on a 5 month trip around the globe with my husband and kids
- Created a series of magical ecourses celebrating the seasons
- And I’m currently writing a travel memoir
I don’t say this to brag. Goodness knows I have had varying degrees of success with my projects and dreams. But that’s not the point. The point is that I tried. I did. I completed.
I don’t have any interest in swimming in a sea of regret. I want to swim in a sea of possibility.
As you can imagine, I’ve learned a lot through this process of doing and I would like to share with you the tips and tricks I have learned so you can blaze ahead with your dreams right now instead of in some distant undefined future.
I have created a FREE 21-day program called Dare to Do in the hopes that what I have learned can help move you along on your own journey.
How It Works
Through emails, videos and group discussions, we will:
- Define your project or dream
- Get clarity on exactly what that end destination looks like to you
- Get in touch with the why behind your dream – your motivation and fire to make it happen
- Figure out the steps you need to achieve your goal
- And come up with an actionable timeline to make it happen
- Determine what resources you will need and where to find them
- Set you on a clear path so you know each next step and can keep your momentum going
If you need someone to help you see the big picture – or the details. If you need a road map or a navigator to help you along the path. If you need a cheerleader or an analyst or someone to hold you accountable, sign up below and let’s set this thing on FIRE!
Dare To Do Praise
I have spent the past few years creating a coming-of-age program for teen girls. While my skills in developing content are strong, I hadn’t the experience needed to gauge the many elements of growing this business. I reached out to Staci, who came back with a list of very important and relevant questions I hadn’t even considered. We scheduled a phone conference, and in just a couple of hours, she helped me create an action plan and a timeline for me to accomplish my goals. She is thorough, competent, and has invaluable insight and advice. I highly recommend her consultation services to anyone looking to move forward with their visions and goals! – Emily
Dare to Do – 21 Days to making it happen. Begins June 3rd.